Thyme Simple Syrup:
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 ounce Thyme Simple Syrup
- Juice of 1/2 large grapefruit [about 2 ounces]
- 1 1/2 ounces Glimmerglass Vodka
- Club soda
- Grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
To make the Thyme Simple Syrup:
Combine the thyme sprigs, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool completely before using.
To make a Grapefruit & Thyme Glimmerglass Spritzer:
- Squeeze the juice of half of one grapefruit, this should be about 2 ounces, into a shaker filled with ice.
- Add the Glimmerglass Vodka and simple syrup (to taste – shake, taste, and add more if not sweet enough).
- Shake well and pour into a chilled glass.
- Top off the glass with club soda and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs and grapefruit slices.